Sunday, September 06, 2020

AHH! After ten thousand years, I'M FRE....OK I should've continued with the blog as promised!

Assalaamu Calaykum (Peace be upon you)


I've been mulling, longer that I'd like to admit, over a suitable title for this post. The best I could come up with was a Power Rangers one, a reference to the opening credit when Rita Repulsa emerges from captivity and says "AHH! After ten thousand years, I'M FREE! It's time to conquer Earth!". To clarify, I've not been in captivity nor wish to conquer earth, the first part of the quote is some what relevant to my (lack of) activity on this blog.


Let me clarify, it has been exactly 5092 days or 13 years, 11 months, 9 days since my last post (wow). And 5475 days or 14 years, 11 months, 27 days since I made my first ever post and this one now. So you could say, I've taken somewhat what of a hiatus. To be fair, I've not been that active in the past, if you pay close attention to the dates between posts, you notice a pattern ;) September seems to be my favourite month, strange. And I've had on average, probably 1 or 2 posts a year, over 2 years period 😳 


I have to admit, over the years I did load up this blog, I was reminiscing of a simpler times and fantasising had I been more committed to blogging, I would have had more memories on here. But the irony is, had I then at that moment decided to take the initiative to start then, I would also have had more posts and memories. Well, tonight was the night. I had one of those nostalgia feeling, loaded up the blog and thought "let me try to login". I had to do a 'legacy reclaim' on my account since Google decided you need a Google account (I believe Blogspot wasn't owned by Google or it wasn't integrated with Google ecosystem yet). After that, I had the idea to post and see how it would be like.


It is Sunday and the time is 23:40 (moment of typing this). I should be getting ready in bed but here I am.


Here are some memories for future self:

2020 has been an interesting year, it was the year I visited my home country Somalia. I went to Mogadishu for 2 weeks, met and saw family members I haven't either seen in decades or ever before.


It has also been a year of Rona, COVID19 lockdown since February this year meant I have been working from home ever since and will continue to do so until the end of the year (will be reviewed and could potentially be extended, i hope ;)


It is also the year I hope to return back to Somalia, Insha Allah (God Willing). I would like to go back for at least a year. I don't want to do a classic me and say I will talk about this more on next post but, I will elaborate more on how/why/when on the next post 😉 Future me better stick to his word and do a follow up post. But in a nutshell, I've been missing a sense of belonging, and an urge to return home for a very long time. After my 2 weeks visit on Mogadishu, it has been an eye opener and would like to go back.


Well, I have to admit it has been a pleasure writing this post. Please excuse the grammar and lack of style on this post, I'm typing this on a mobile unlike all my other posts in the past. I was hoping to post GIFs and bullet points for easy digesting of my unfiltered thoughts and ramblings but for now be happy im posting again after 14 years absence 😉


Until next time 🙂


W










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home